Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday November 18.2008

Last night Ted told me, "Next week is going to be fucked up!" Today Ted found some peace. He stopped talking so much while he slept. His hiccups are gone, he stopped vomiting. I think he was reliving his life talking about his mom, saying his childrens names and talking to the guys at work. He loved his job and his business. You've got to love your job if your doing it in your sleep. Ted's sister Jodie is here with me and she has been wonderful. We have been taking turns sitting with him or at least being very close by. This gives me a chance to make dinner and chat with the kids. While sitting in our room tonight, sometimes he would just open his eyes and say "Hi". We would say hi back and sometimes he spoke more sometimes he didn't. He was comforted knowing that we were there with him. We didn't push him to talk we just listened in case he had a story to tell or a question to ask. What I think is most amazing...is I went to tuck him in and turn out the light. I asked him if he was comfortable and he said "Yes, I'm a Happy Man"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home