Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanksgiving.

We had a great "Thanksgiving Day". The food, the friends, the family was wonderful. We had a couple of extra guests. Teds best friends, Steve and Mark, (brothers) dropped everything and came for a visit and dinner. Ted was so thrilled to be surrounded by family and friends. Wow...It was so real, that I was looking through the paper and saw ads for Thanksgiving stuff and I actually thought...hmmm...Thanksgiving is over. We had 14 for dinner and 3 more friends came for dessert and coffee. Some left on Sunday and some on Monday. So he has been resting. Yesterday he was doing ok, but didnt get out of bed except for a shower in the morning. Today he got up or a short time but got extremely tired and needed to go back to bed after a bit. All I can say is he is tired and is hanging in there for now. The pain seems to be controlled, we had a little breakthrough pain yesterday and today but got it under control quickly but that also caused him to be more tired. I posted pictures in myspace of our day. He hung in there so well. He was just amazing, he was my superman.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted notes and emails of support. Thank you for all the phone calls, and I appologize if I can't call you back or answer the phone all the time. Some nights the phone doesn't stop and I can't answer the phone. Please don't take it personally, it's just not personal. I"m tired too and not up to the questions and sadness. But don't stop calling that is not what I want. It's just....well I don't think I can explain. Love you all and thank you again. Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home