Friday, September 19, 2008

Pain Pump

On Tuesday we had a pain pump with a little bolus thinging. Kinda like you get in the hospital after surgery. It hooks into his mediport. That needle can stay in for about 7 days. The pain has slowly increasing and he has been taking more pain pills. Since he is on the pain pump he has not needed as many pills. He still takes some before bed and maybe one in the afternoon. He hasn't needed any fentynal since he has been hooked up. I think we used the Fentora tabs (fentynal) at least once a day. He would get these spasms that only a Fentora tab would take care of. These are neat little pills, they melt in your mouth. So that they get into your blood faster. He says he feels better and he does seem better on the pump. He was very nervous about getting the pump, about how it would effect him and stuff like that. Also thinking that the pump would be the end. But it turns out it's all good, he is still tired but maybe not as much because the pump is more controlled then before. It's a little nusience with carrying around a fanny pack. But he is getting used to it. I think he would have done anything to help get rid of the pain. I"m just releaved to see him more comfortable. Well if i'm repeating myself, it's cause i'm tired. Had a long day today. I hear my bed calling me and I hope to god ...there are no 8:30am deliveries tomorrow. Or you'll read murder in the paper!!!

Ohh Did I mention the last count on the cards was 78 cards!!!!! Wow...Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home