Saturday, June 14, 2008

Friday's Appointmetn

We went to get his second treatment of his two weeks on two weeks off treatment. I had actually suggested to ted that maybe we should skip this treatment or at least the cpt 11. I left it too him to decided and would back him up either way. So we got there and Ted said he wasn't going to do the Cpt11. Let me explain why. He usually has treatment on Friday and snaps out of his blah on Tuesday or so. Well it was friday and he was just blah still. Sleeping alot and not having alot of energy. So of course his counts didn't improve any from his last transfusion. The chemo he had last week must have sucked up all that fresh blood. So tuesday we have to go and get another CBC (blood test) and see what they are. If they have not gone up or just stayed the same they will probably schedule him for another transfusion. That would be two transfusions in 3 weeks. 4pts of blood. The chemo just keeps running him down. He has terrible chemo brain and I think it affects his hearing. LOL. Really i'm serious. But I think I forgot to tell you all maybe I did. His counts did go down with this treatment and that probably means that the tumor isn't growing much. The CEA levels measure a protein given off by the cancer cells. So the less they give off the less the number. But CEA levels are not an accuarate measure of the cancer. It's only a guideline. So we really never know. Well all the Dad's have a great Fathers Day out there! I think we are just hanging home and working on cleaning up the house. With me working it definatly takes a toll on the house. Love to all. Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home