Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Our Superman Flies with the Angels

So many of my blogs where easy to write. Day to day drama, lifes little and large moments. Tonights blog is the hardest one I have ever had to write. I tried last night at 1am to write it. But I was at a loss for words. I had about 4 hours of sleep in those 48 hours. I did sleep last night, about 6 hours pretty much out of exhaustion. I've will actually post a few blogs tonight. Because, i've just realized that I never posted the mid-day blog and others that I wrote on Novemeber 25. I only posted it in myspace.

As I wrote in the blog he had started to finally rest comfortabley during the day. He started to jump and shake again later that evening. I couldn't get him to stop this time only slow down. His Brother stopped by after work, and spent some time with him. I called his sisters in New York and on speaker phone they talked with him telling him they loved him. He may not have been able to speak but he definatly knew they were there. His eyes brightened and he tried to say I love you too. I think he needed to hear from his brother and sisters. Sometimes he looked very scared but he did managed to say not scared. He held onto my hand until the very last moments. As hard as it was, he said he wanted me and the kids with him. Hospice told me, that some won't die with people in the room. I know he didn't want to be alone. He wanted his family with him and we were. Ted became an Angel at 8:30pm on November 25, 2008. He was, is and always will be the love of my life, my best friend and the best Dad ever.

Thank you for changing your prayers, I think it helped. For some reason I felt like it was holding him there...I don't know why but it was why i needed to say something. The path cleared for him, peace, no pain. That is what gets me through this. Knowing he is no longer in pain, no longer tied to his cancerous body. He is Free and flying with the Angels.

I will be posting more information about the service and our adjustments too. Thank you so much for everything. Love to all.

3 Comments:

At November 27, 2008 at 9:22 AM , Blogger milkshake mama said...

Karen, There was never any doubt that Ted was and is the love of your life. I know that you were the love of his as well. I am so glad that he was a part of our lives. I am so glad that I was able to watch him grow from a boy to the wonderful man that he is. Ted holds a special place in my heart and all those people that he has meet. I know how touched our"fun friends" (as Ted called them) are that they all got to spend a few years with Ted. We all know that Ted is much happier now, but that doesn't make the pain for us any less. Just know that we all love you, Kyle and Sam. Hugs and Kisses,
Terri

 
At November 27, 2008 at 11:11 AM , Blogger TheCoopers said...

Wikipedia defines a hero as:
"a person who performs extraordinary deeds for the benefit of others."

Karen, Ted is our Superman but you were his hero!!!!!

I was fortunate enough to have been a part of Ted's life during these past several years and we all know how much he idolized you. Especially when he needed you most. The strength, courage, and love you gave Ted and your children was amazing to watch. You gave us all a feeling of comfort knowing that you were ALWAYS there for Ted. You have been an extraordinary woman, wife, mother, and friend throughout this battle. With every Superman there must be a Superwoman, and that is definitely you!!!!!!
Our love and prayers are with you always!
Love,
The Cooper family in Virginia

 
At November 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry, I know Ted will always be with you. Our thoughts are with you and the kids...

John & Alison Cooper

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home