Sunday, November 23, 2008

End of a long week.....

It's been a long week. (I guess I said that in the last post) I"m exhausted, we did get sleep last night, i'm thankful for that. Today was a tough day, ted has been talking silly all day. Not making much sense, but he does know who people are. His cousin Kathleen stopped by and asked about relatives if they new the end was close. I was glad to see he was putting people together still. He knows the kids and will talk with them, then fades off. I can only imagine tomorrow will be worse. I can't leave the room or close proximaty very long. He got out of bed again today. Wanted to brush his teeth. So I pushed him in the office chair. It worked, he is much lighter then in the pictures you all have seen. I really should have gotton the scale out. But maybe I really don't want to know. Honestly this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. And I can safely say it's the hardest thing Ted has ever done. But we will get through this, our love will get us through this. Sometimes he knows what's going on, sometimes like today he asked me when will he be able to do more. It just breaks my heart, cause he has always been a hard worker. Right up to a couple of weeks ago, even "our" thanksgiving weekend. He went out to the garage to show the guys stuff, had cigar out of the front porch and talked about the tattoo he wanted. I really hope they have tattoo shops in Heaven. If not...he may lobby for one. haha......I know these blogs are hard to read, they are hard to write. But they do help me in someways too. Journaling, it will help me remember every moment of his life. I do leave out somethings...things you all just don't need to know....LOL...I don't want Ted to haunt me because I embarrassed him or picked on him. haha... Well I hope i have another good night. Love to all. Karen

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen, we all appreciated the posts to keep us all updated and also I am sure that it does help you. Stay strong. We all pray and love you all.

Cathy

 
At November 24, 2008 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Kim and Jeff said...

My thoughts and prayers are always with you. Your brother, the kids and I are here whenever you need us. Jeff will be in the car in a minute, even if it is just for a hug. I know you can't handle a lot of calls right now. Just give ted and the kids a hug for me. We love all of you very much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home