Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Service

The Service was beautiful. It was held on December 6th. The day started out chilly and ended up being 52 and sunny. As the service started with a beautiful Eulogy by our therapist, you could feel the sun shine and you could hear Ted saying...."Nice turnout!" I had asked the Hospice Chaplain to say a few words also....nothing religous, but he cracked jokes that Ted would have loved. I should get a copy of them from him and post them. A few storys were told and people spoke highly of Ted. Some people wished they had known him better, some wished they had seen him before he passed. But one thing was for sure he would be missed. There was a labrynth and peolple chose a rock that Ted had picked out and took the journey of the labrynth....till they all got stuck in the middle and laughed...cause you know Ted was laughing at them. I didn't get to say hi to everyone that i wanted to. It was so crazy and such a mixed up day. We arrived home to a house full of people. I don't think my house has ever had that many people. I don't think anyone complained. My cousin ate shrimp, he is allergic...he was fine. I think that was the only drama of the afternoon. Until I played the slide show and the the video that Ted left. Some didn't know what I was doing, and i'm sure they were shocked when he came on the TV and said It's time to party. Well something like that. He made us cry, he made us laugh. In the end he said it was going to be ok. I don't know if it is ever going to be ok. But it will be what it will be. The three of us will survivie, we will move on. I know that Ted is there, he is watching over us. He loved us with all he had and if he had a choice he wouldn't have left us.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We are going to try. Love to all. Karen and the kids.

If anyone wants to sign the guest book, please go to Pilotonline.com or timesunion.com and go to obits and then onto the guestbook and search "schetzel". I would appreciate it very much. Thanks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home