Monday, July 30, 2007

Stent removal

It went well! Glad for this. We spent four hours waiting. I guess the Doc was behind in his surgeries. Took less than 15 minutes to pull the stent and they called me in 20 minutes later and he was awake and eating graham crackers and apple juice. I snuck in some cookies for him too. Had to wait another hour and off we went. Home by 6:30. I cooked hamburgers with sauce from Smokeybones. Ted rested in the living room and off to bed he went by 8pm. He was doing good today. Some pain but only because they didn't want him to take anything by mouth. So finally after 2 hours of waiting they got him some drugs. yeah!! he was snoring in minutes. So the next few days will tell how everything works. Even if he just uses the neprostomy that's ok for now. He is fighting through the chemo side effects and seems to be coming out on the other side. I really hope so. He hopes to make into work for a few hours. Hasn't been there in awhile. I found this description that someone wrote describing Chemo Brain. I think this acuratly describes how Ted feels with the chemo and why he sleeps so much after chemo.

“It's a fuzzy feeling, like trying to think through a fog. Throw in a little bit of exhaustion and fatigue, and it doesn't leave you at your cognitive best.”

I guess that sums it up. But I guess you should also put in the nausea. Seems to be under control right now. We were able to get samples of nausea drugs. Do you know how expensive they are....its highway robbery even with the insurance. Luckily we get samples, but unforntuatly they don't always have the same ones available. IT's like a crap shoot.

Well it's late and I'm heading to bed too. I just wanted to make sure you all knew that things went well today. I'm going to try and update this more then once a week. Ted really wants everyone to know how much he appreciates the thoughts and prayers. We love you all too. If you know someone who asks about Ted. Please share this blog with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home